Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A New Song In MY Heart

One remark that is often said to Christians from a non-believer is " you Christians can't do anything"  Your life is too restricted you can't even drink.  It's not that a Christian can't drink but it's that we don't want to drink.  I don't drink because I have a new song in my heart, a new life in Christ  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation, old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new. 2 Cor.5:17   The price for our salvation, paid by the Lord Jesus Christ. was the greatest ever paid for anyone.  My new life now consist of wanting to please him and not myself.  Why put old wine into new wine skins.  We have liberty in Christ- the liberty not to drink.  Now if a Christian were to have a drink with friends one night it doesn't mean the next morning they would have their name written out the book of life.  What I'm saying is, for me it's worth giving up the things of this world because Christ has given me so much.  A Christians mind set should be how can I give the most glory to God.  How can I build up others and not be a stumbling block.  We have liberty in Christ- but it is limited by love.

No comments:

Post a Comment