Monday, December 31, 2012

Aging with Grace

At the church I attend we have a few "modern day Anna's" elderly women who have lived faithful lives and continue to serve the Lord and others.  I know them personally and I have watched them from afar.  What I mean by "watched them" is I have noticed how they treat others and how they live out their lives.  Here's a list I came across of virtues that describes what a Godly woman looks like and why, when she ages, does not grow bitter.

A woman whose life is transformed and ruled by the word of God
Loves her husband and children
Has a servants heart
Hospitable
Trusts God's control over her life
Intercessor (makes time to pray for others)
Encourager
Never stops growing spiritually
A thankful heart
Invests in the lives of younger women
Generous
She ages with grace

My Anna friends have all these qualities and I am thankful for their example.  Each one has faced many trials and experienced loss and suffering in their lives yet continued to trust God and not allow bitterness to grow in their hearts.  May we age with grace as well as they have.       


No comments:

Post a Comment