Friday, December 28, 2012

HOW TO BE A GOOD CONVERSATIONALIST

It happened after this that David inquired of the Lord- 2 Sam.2:1
                                                                                         
Louie and I are going through the book of 2 Samuel with Pastor Jon Courson on line.  In the second chapter, David was having a conversation with God.  He wanted to know what he should do next, what city did God recommend he go to.  It was a back and forth conversation.  I'm sure the Lord was delighted when David inquired of Him.  I want my questions to bring pleasure to the Lord and delight His heart.  That got me thinking about my conversations with the Lord as well as conversations with people.  I have discovered that people who are enjoyable to be around ask questions.  They intrigue me because this is such a rare and wonderful quality.  Most people want to talk about themselves or don't talk at all.  But then there is the rare occasion when you meet someone who asks questions.  They have found the secret to being a good conversationalist.  They love learning about others, wanting to know about your family,  ministries you are serving in, hobbies and other interests.  By the way, this is one of the secrets to overcoming shyness.  Putting the focus on others and not yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment