Tuesday, February 19, 2013

An Unexpected Gift

God is our refuge and strength an ever-present help in times of trouble
Ps.46:1
I was given an unexpected gift.  Something the Lord wanted me to have during a time in my life that probably would rank very high on my list as the most challenging and sometimes frightening time of my life.  But God's love never fails and He is an ever present- help in times of trouble...............

Several months back, my friend Cheri gave me a book to read.  Little did she know that unexpected gift would bring me great comfort week after week, month after month of many hours sitting in a waiting room for my Drs. appointments.  This endearing book is titled Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss.  Written like a journal, it's a young woman's personal journey to godliness.  The young woman, Katherine begins her journal on January 15. 1831 at the age of sixteen and continues to her grown-up years.  Her words are heartfelt as she learns a great lesson that true happiness is found in giving of your time and yourself to others.  She learns humility, godliness and how to have hope in what seems to be a hopeless situation.  You see her mature through all her failures with a deep desire to know God and to be more dependent on him.
Is the Lord using difficulties in your life to cause you to be more dependent on Him?  That's what He was doing in my life and in the midst of my difficulty the Lord gave me an unexpected gift from a friend ;~)


No comments:

Post a Comment